Friday, January 29, 2016

Hongkong Express, Kolkata - Complimentary meal from Zomato!

Wanted to taste Thai at this place for a long time. After having local food at Thailand I always searched for some good place in my city where I can get that taste and aroma of those authentic Thai dishes. 

Hongkong Express somewhat fulfilled my expectations, hope to taste all their other Thai dishes as well sometime in near future. Yes, no price for guessing, we ordered Thai dishes at this place, like Jhad Thai Noodles, Kai Rue Moo Rue Koong Kratium Prik Thai and a Chinese dish - Chicken Taipei as starter. 


There was fresh lime soda along with these and couple of complementary dishes like the Chinese Salad and the dessert. 

We went in here for a Saturday lunch with my Zomato Gift Voucher, not sure if the complementary dishes were due to this voucher. But anyway, what I liked most about this place is the quantity served and the taste of the dishes. 


The Noodles ordered were rice noodles and they tasted really awesome. The Thai chicken side-dish with a rather long name had that unique aroma of lemon leaves and garlic, the chicken was super soft, just the way I like it. Just one thing - I would recommend some better crockery set. 

Location-wise the eatery is very well placed. Also the reception and hospitality were wonderful, well appreciated.


And now here is my granular rating that sums up to give the overall rating of 4/5 -

a) Location - 4/5
b) Food: 4.5/5
c) Hygiene: 4/5
d) Pricing: 4.5/5
e) Ambiance & decor: 3/5
f) Hospitality: 4/5

Cheers!

Hongkong Express Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato 

2 comments:

  1. Debjyoti..after reding your review it seems that this restaurant has improved. I went for a dinner couple of years ago and the food was quite average. But would definitely give it a try again !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Shounak, you can try, they are good if not great!

    ReplyDelete